Last Updated: May 24, 2018
Lighter Side Interiors Ltd. understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.lightersideinteriors.com (“Our Site”). Except as set out in this policy, we do not collect personal data about you unless you contact us. Any personal data that we do collect will be used only as we explain below.
Please read this Privacy and Cookies Policy carefully and ensure that you understand it. We consider that you have accepted our Privacy and Cookies Policy upon your first use of Our Site. If you do not accept and agree with this Privacy and Cookies Policy, WE ASK THAT YOU STOP USING OUR SITE IMMEDIATELY.
1. What is Personal Data
In this Policy, we speak about “Personal Data” and mean any data that relates to an identifiable person, where the data can disclose, directly or indirectly, the identity of the particular person. This means such information as name, address, email or phone number.
- When you voluntarily supply us with Personal Data when you make inquiries through our website. If you provide your information in this way, it is considered voluntary. You have a choice of whether to disclose this Personal Data to Lighter Side Interiors.
- We may ask for certain information in order to provide you with further information, to understand better how to provide excellence to you through our services, to send you direct messages and emails, a periodic newsletter and perhaps a prize redemption. The data requested is just enough for what is the purpose of the particular use.
- Certain data may be automatically tracked and recorded for the purpose of analysing the effectiveness of our online social media and website initiatives, and for incorporating into our analytics programs. Such data will only be used with the purpose of determining how to better deliver our message and services.
2. Who We Are
- When using the words “we”, “us”, “our”, we are referring to Lighter Side Interiors Ltd., its successors and assigns.
- Our Site is owned and operated by Lighter Side Interiors Ltd., an Alberta-based Canadian company, with the registered office of 10653 - 46 Street S.E. Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- We also operate our Facebook® page, an Instagram® account, a Pinterest® page and a YouTube® channel (“Social Media Sites”).
- Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at email@example.com.
3. What Does This Policy Cover?
4. We Want You to Know Your Rights
- As our customer using Our Site, you have the following rights under the law, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you (see section 7);
- The right to securing our rectification of your personal data if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact us using the details above at section 2.2;
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you. We only hold your personal data for a limited time, but if you would like us to delete it sooner, please contact us; and
- The right to withdraw or vary your consent to the use or processing of your Personal Data, except where we are legally required to have the said data to complete our obligations to you.
- If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided in section 2.2 and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to communicate with the particular privacy authority.
5. How Do We Use Your Data?
- If we do collect any Personal Data, it will be processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the applicable legislation at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
- If you contact us and we obtain your personal details from your email, we may use them as follows:
- To reply to your email;
- To disclose to third party service providers, agents and subcontractors for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf;
- To sending you periodic newsletters where you have specifically provided your Personal Data for that purpose, including the opportunity to receive free reports or other content, to provide feedback or participate in our annual content survey;
- To share with you social media content that we curate or that we develop, through our Social Media Sites, where we anticipate that such content will be of interest and value to you;
- To provide you with our products and services, to provide you with such support as may be necessary to ensure quality delivery of our products and services;
- To aggregate the Personal Data we collect on a non-personally identifiable basis in order to analyse our customers’ usage of our website, or other statistically relevant activities. We may use this aggregated data with advertisers and business partners, and to expand our own product and service offerings; and
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
- We will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes, except as we have already described herein.
6. How and Where Do WE Store Your Data?
- We use an online website-building platform to build and to host our website. To that end, our website and other data, including data secured by way of the cookies installed as described below, is stored on our host’s server. We understand that our host uses industry-standard encryption. Any Personal Data being sent through your own devices, like your cell phone or wireless communications will also be subject to the level of security provided across those facilities. Thus, your Personal Data will be as secure as any voice calling, messaging or web-usage in which you engage using your own device.
- We also use an online marketing platform as well as other online service providers, which services allow us to communicate with you, to send and manage email activities and provide other service offerings to you by email. We make our choices carefully and make every effort to choose a well-established, industry-leading service provider. We understand that our service providers use industry-standard encryption.
- Due to the nature of the internet, and the fact that it is often an activity that is managed on a global basis, with system redundancies built into the system, your Personal Data may nevertheless be transferred and maintained in a location outside of your province, state, country, where the privacy laws will be different, and may not be as protective.
7. How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). We will request no fee, and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the contact details provided in section 2.2 above.
When you access our website, we reserve the right to use “cookies” technology. Cookies are small bits of data, often with a unique identifier, which are sent to your web browser from our web site’s computer and is stored on your device. Cookies are used to help provide certain functionality, to personalize your experience by remembering your preferences from a previous time you visited Our Site.
- accessing your data submitted during your visit to our website, so that we can provide you with a customized experience, customized content. For example, such cookies allow your web browser to remember your previous choices, to remember the last page you visited on Our Site;
- tracking customers’ usage of Our Site, in order to improve Our Site’s performance;
- Allowing certain functionality or security authentication. Where you disable these cookies, you may not have access to certain features of Our Site; and
- Delivering advertisements that are relevant to your interests when you visit our website, the cookie gathers anonymous information based on visits to various websites.
Through your browser settings, you can accept, refuse or delete cookies. If you do take these actions, you may not have access to all of the functions on Our Site.
9. Changes to Our Privacy and Cookie Use Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time as we see fit (for example, if the law changes or our services change). Any changes will be immediately posted on Our Site and you will be deemed to have accepted the terms of the Policy on your first use of Our Site following the alterations. We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date.